Course of Construction
Course of Construction (also called ‘Builders Risk') is a specifically-designed form of property insurance, providing fire insurance, including extended coverage for risks such as windstorm and optional coverage for events such as floods and earthquakes, and for losses that might arise as a result of operations related to building construction. It can also prescribe exclusions that specifically relate to those operations. Most Builders Risk policies are issued based on ‘broad form' coverage. During construction, this form provides ‘all-risk' coverage for fire and vandalism, as well as ‘in transit' coverage.
Projects Already Started: No problem
We can assist with various scenarios;
- Builder forgot to purchase insurance
- Foreclosure sale, new owner completing project
- Renovations: Large & Small From small residential renovations to major building conversions
- High value dwellings, townhomes, condo, resorts, blanket policies
- Annual CGL for homebuilders.